How Common is Migraine?
- Worldwide: 1 billion
- U.S.: 40 million
- Migraine is a hidden epidemic. An estimated 28 million Americans are undiagnosed. Untreated migraine can get worse with time.
Who Has Migraine?
- 1 in 5 U.S. women
- 1 in 16 U.S. men
- 1 in 11 U.S. children
- Migraine is most common between ages 18 and 44.
- Migraine has a strong genetic component. 90% of people with migraine have a family history of migraine.
Migraine and Public Health
- Migraine is the 3rd most prevalent illness in the world, and the 2nd most disabling illness.
- A global data study found if you added up all the hours of healthy life lost to migraine around the world in a single year, it would total 45.1 million years of lost time.
- Migraine costs U.S. businesses more than $13 billion each year. That number rises to $28 billion if you include direct and indirect costs of the illness.
Knowledge is crucial in your journey to better health with migraine. Learn even more with the Ctrl M Health app.